We are able to provide a guarantee on all gate motor repairs or any new installation, as all our staff are trained and have at least more than 8 years in the gate motor field.
Smart Gate Motors has dedicated teams on the road and have the parts to fix gate motor issues on site.
We specialize in all servicing of any gate motor on site, no need to book in the gate motor.
We don’t have a hourly rate we only have one flat fee when it comes to your gate motor repair.
If your gate motor is giving you trouble in Bedfordview, book us for a gate motor check up. Our gate repair team will do a full check from the battery right into the gear box this comes included with all call outs.
Gate motor spares available for supply and install.
Gate motor repairs| service in Bedfordview
All sliding gate motors should be installed or repaired by a gate professional and most definitely by some one trained in that field.
Is your gate motor banging into the wall or bumping into the stopper? Our repair technicians can diagnose the problem on site and make sure the gate doesn’t have any other issue at the same time.
Gate motor not opening with the remote or is intermittent this could be that the receiver or on board receiver might be damaged and need a repair or replacing. Make sure the remotes have new batteries before calling your gate motor professional.
Gearbox services and oil change is very important for the gate motor and all the moving parts, its better to maintain your gate motor than to get surprised with a costly repair bill.
Service exchange gate motor parts are available for most centurion gate motors this saves costs when your gate motor parts need changing.
Controller cards or PC boards are also available as service exchange.
Limit switches and DOS cables repairs to all makes electronic setup and testing. Resetting limits and reprogramming remotes we repair all the electronics inside the gate motor including wiring gate motors.
If your gate opens by itself something could have happened to the system or some one got on to your frequency, or maybe even you sat on the remote. The best way to lock your motor is with holiday lock, once on holiday lock the gate motor won’t respond to remotes. Ask our technicians about installing holiday lock on your gate motor.
Is your safety beams placed in the right place to ensure thieves or unwanted persons do not enter?Can they stop the gate motor during operation? If you think so let us come look and install it properly for you.
When does your gate motor need a service or repair in Bedfordview?
When you look closely at the gate motor there should be no oil leaking from any where if you see oil it means the oil is leaking from the gearbox and the gears could be running dry. On some gate motors the oil leak can run over the pick up sensor and make the gate loose its place so you will find the gate opens and closes in the wrong place or bangs in to the end stops.
If you see oil its time to service the gate motor, we would remove the gate motor open up the gearbox clean out the old oil and what ever is in side and close up again using new seals on the gearbox and re filling with oil.
Another service one can look out for is when the gate motor starts running slow this could either mean the gate motors batteries are running low or are busy packing up. This can be tested by the customer just go buy a battery replace the old one and see if this sorts out the problem or not.
Batteries can last a short period or a long period its depending on the quality of the gate motor battery and the movement of the gate but batteries could be changed as frequently as every 6 months.
No gate motor ever needs grease if you think that your motor or gate needs grease, you more than likely need a gate or gate motor repair not a tub of grease.
Common problems that can occur on sliding gates or sliding gate motors in Bedfordview include:
- Gate stuck or not moving.
- The gate is making a squeaking sound while moving.
- The gate can be lifted when in the closed position this is a high security risk.
- The gate rollers or wheels not moving has ceased.
- The gate is heavy all gates should open and close with one hand and with a free flowing movement.
- Gate motor is running slow.
- Gate motor is not moving the gate.
- Gate motor beeps but does not move the gate.
- Gate motor runs but bumps into the stoppers.
Common Swing gate motor problems in Bedfordview:
- Motor does not move.
- Motors do not disengage.
- Gate motor running but not moving.
- Running slow.
- Only one gate moves.
- Bangs into the open or closed point.
- Does not want to set the limits.
- Controller box beeping.
- Gate not running smoothly.
- Touches the ground at any point in the cycle.
- Gate is not aligned.
- Rusted gates.
- Hinges make a noise.
Gate motor installations| automation in Bedfordview
Telling the difference between which “gate operator” to choose for your gate can be tricky, and the wrong choice can put you into a situation where motor repairs can be frequent and unnecessary.
Getting a professional out to weigh your sliding gate and measure pulling force will make choosing the right gate motor a lot easier, as well as calculating the amount of cycles your sliding gate will be running daily, as well as any other accessories you will be running, all these are factors that should be taken into consideration when purchasing a gate motor or “gate operator”.
Sliding gates offer the quickest and safest movement compared to swing gates. For maximum security a sliding gate is definitely the way to go.We have turbo gate motors that can close big gates in record speed and force to ensure no body can interrupt the cycle.
Residential sliding gate motors or gate operators are only guaranteed up to a certain amount of running cycles per day and should not be used for complex gates, residential gate motors are usually up to 100 cycles per day some even 50 cycles per day if you run the motor more than that the guarantee expires.
Industrial or commercial sliding gate motors or “gate operators” are used for heavy duty or high cycle applications for example, doors opening 10 000 times a day can even be light doors like at hospitals or shopping centers.
The best gate motor for any heavy duty gate can be found in the Hansa gate motor range, a great selection of 240v gate motors and can move some very large gates if your industrial gate needs a motor that could move a tank definitely ask about the Hansa motor range we supply.
Gate motors are not just able to open and close, but have many other functions as well like time entry, this is when your gate motor only operates a certain remote at a certain time. So you can make sure nobody can open when you are not aware, like if you give one to your garden service their remote will only open the gate motor on that day for how ever long they take. This is only one of the many functions available.
Centurion D5 EVO sliding gate motor
D5 – Evo, Domestic and Light-Industrial Sliding Gate Motor. The evolution of the tried and tested D5 500kg gate motor for domestic and light-industrial applications. Incorporating battery backup you can bank on, potent push force and an intelligent LCD controller for easy setup.
R 5500 installed
ET Drive 600 sliding gate motor
Designed for high-traffic sliding gates, up to 500 kg. PROVEN POWER PACK for high-traffic applications with battery backup. HIGH SPEED motor.Gate and safety beam tamper alarm monitoring. Optional heavy duty security bracket.
R 5750 installed
GEMINI 24V DC Slider (Complex)
Our 24V DC Sliding gate motor is battery driven which gives you backup in case of a power outage. The complete unit is enclosed with a weather resistant lid and has a 1 year factory guarantee, as per the manual, on all mechanical and electronic components.
R 9670 installed
ET Drive 300 sliding gate motor
A low cost, full featured solution for automating residential gates, up to 300 kg. High speed, strong and durable electric motor with removable brushes for easy maintenance. Full battery backup in case of power failure. LED display for ease of programming and diagnostics. Various operating modes with customization parameters, e.g. slow-down distance, auto close times, pedestrian distance, etc.
R 5500 installed
Wingo HI-SPEED swing gate motor
Suitable for single and double swing gate automation, automatically detects if one or two motors are connected. Selectable modes of operation. Fault conditions indicated via audible tones, digital display and status LED. Adjustable motor slow down distance for smoother operation. Adjustable pedestrian opening and auto-close timer and much more.
Single R 6400 installed
Double R 8850 installed
Nice Hansa Elite 24v swing gate motor
For swing gates with leaves up to 3 m long and 600 kg weight and up to 5 m long and 350 kg weight. Underground installation. Manufactured in South Africa, the Elite offers a tough bronze gear for durability,a steel casing for strength and a 24 Vdc battery back-up system to ensures continued operation during power outages.
R 10 250 installed
Gate motor tips and security advice Bedfordview:
- Fit a anti theft bracket on the gate motor all gate motor brands will be able to supply anti theft brackets.
- Make sure the gate motor is securely fitted or welded down even the holding nuts can be welded.
- Make sure the tooth rail is fitted properly and can not be removed.
- Most gate motors can be linked up to your alarm or fit a anti lifting alarm so when they try take it it goes into alarm.
- Lightning protection for your gate motor can also help with power surges and lightning strikes protecting the electrical components rather than repacking costly pc boards or charging units only replace the protector switch on your gate motor.
- Gate motors are a favorite place with our bugs, spiders, ants, lizards and so forth so make sure you clean out the inside of your gate motor if these bugs get in they destroy electronic parts and will cos you in repairs
- Keeping the gate track clean you can make the gate run smoother and not pick up bumps which can also damage the gate motor best to keep it clean to ensure you don’t have unnecessary repairs.
- Using a good lock for the security bracket is very important if the lock is weak the rest of the gate motor security is only as strong as the lock used only use quality locks to lock up your gate motor.
- Always be familiar with how the manual release works on your gate motor, when the power goes out or something goes wrong with the gate motor itself you know how to operate the manual release to be able to open or close your gate.